Mulch is material that you layer on top of your garden beds to help encourage your plants to grow and keep your garden beds healthier. There are many different types of mulch to meet the unique needs of your garden. We always suggest using mulch to have the best gardening results. Here are five things you need to know about mulch.
- Mulch Helps Soil Stay Moister. A layer of mulch will retain soil moisture better than just soil. Your plants will thrive with the added moisture that mulch provides.
- Mulch Can Add Organic Material Into Your Soil. Mulch breaks down nicely, providing vitamins and nutrients for your plants. It encourages healthy plants and extra growth.
- Mulch Looks Nice. Mulch will add a finished look to your garden beds. There are many varieties to choose from to match the style you are looking for.
- Mulch Can Provide Weed Control. Certain types of mulch also offer the benefit of reducing the growth of weeds. This makes taking care of your plants even easier.
- Mulch Can Reduce Damage Done By Foot Traffic. Mulch can protect your garden and plants from the pressure of feet stepping near them. It lessens the impact that foot traffic can have and helps create a safer place for plants.
When you visit our garden center at Yard & Nursery Depot, our gardening professionals can answer any questions you may have and help you find the perfect type of mulch for your yard. We look forward to helping you during your next visit.