It’s spring and time to start planning your landscaping strategy for the year. You’ll be much happier with the end-result if you carefully plan what you want for your yard. There is such a wide variety of options to choose from, it’s helpful to have some basic guidelines for how to plant flowers in your yard.
Here are five tips for planting flowers in the spring:
1. Start by creating a clean workspace. Remove any leaves, grass clippings, or other debris in your gardening areas. Then, lay down mulch in these areas.
2. Prep the soil so that it is well-nourished and provides a good environment for new plants.
3. Choose a mix of annual and perennial flowers to plant. This will be easier than planting mostly annuals because you’ll have to replace those each year.
4. You can start the season early with potted plants. Since they can be moved to a shed or garage during major temperature drops, they can be planted much earlier than plants that will be in the ground.
5. Choose some plants that bloom early. That way, you’ll have flowers in your landscape for as much of the year as possible.
Use these tips to enjoy a spring full of beautiful blooms in your yard. You’ll love the new life that you see all around you once it starts to warm up, especially, because it is a result of your work and planning.